Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

Every new day is like a little wrapped present

I've always thought that in January of each year we get a present of a new year waiting to be unwrapped.  This year I've decided that each and every new day I'm grated will be a present which will unwrap itself at dawn. 

Just like all presents, some will be beautiful, some welcome, some suitable, some unsuitable, some unwelcome and some downright ugly. And just like those presents, I will have to deal with each one as it unwraps. Deciding how to react and what to do will be sometimes easy, sometimes difficult. 

All I ask is that I receive the strength to cope with everything and as Sarah Ban Breathnach says "Celebrate the Sacred in the ordinary'. Instead of saying 'I'm busy', to make time. 



"Chronos is clocks, deadlines, watches, calendars, agendas, planner, schedules, beepers. Chronos is time at her worst. Chronos keeps track. Chronos is the world's time. Kairos is transcendence, infinity, reverance, joy, passion, love, the Sacred. Kairos is intimacy with the Real. Kairos is time at her best. Kairos is Spirit's time. We exist in Chronos. We long for Kairos. That's our duality. Chronos requires speed so it won't be waste. Kairos required space so that it might be savoured. We do in Chronos. In Kairos we're allowed to be. It takes only a moment to cross over from Chronos into Kairos, but it does take a moment. All that Kairos asks is our willingness to stop running long enough to hear the music of the spheres." 

Sarah Ban Breathnach


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me some love!