Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

5-Ingredient Nutella Cookies with Sea Salt

Please don't ask me how or why I am bitten by the Nutella bug. Please don't ask me how much time I spent last night looking for the perfect cake and cookie recipes with this gorgeous chocolate-hazelnut spread in it. Please don't ask me how I went off to the shops yesterday and again today to buy Nutella and more Nutella. Please don't ask me why I made these on a Monday night, or why I'm talking about them when it's just about time for me to go to sleep. I just did and so here it is. 



This is one of those times when the phrase 'Don't judge a book by its cover' comes to mind. Nothing much to look at but beautiful inside. 

These cookies looked like chocolate lace when I pulled them out of the oven. I had a small panic attack that perhaps they were baked crunchy throughout? They weren't. They were gorgeous. Fudgy, chewy, gooey gorgeous. I had three. 

5-INGREDIENT NUTELLA COOKIES WITH SEA SALT
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen

1 cup Nutella
1 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Plain Flour
1 Egg
More Sea Salt for sprinkling

In a large bowl, mix the Sugar, Sea Salt and Plain Flour together. Add the Nutella and Egg. Mix with a spatula until well combined. 

Place in fridge for 10 minutes. Remove and roll mixture into balls. Place on baking paper lined trays. (You need just one tray or two depending on how large you roll the balls) 

Bake at 175 Celsius for about 8 - 10 minutes until the tops look dry and set. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with Sea Salt and let the cookies cool on the baking tray. With a small pallet knife loosen the cookies from the baking paper. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me some love!