This has become one of my favourite meals for dinner. It's simple, quick and delicious. I suppose you could call it an 'instant' homemade meal. It takes just a wee bit longer than two minutes - the time needed to cook a packet of Maggi mee - but the results are far better. Won't you try it?
Aglio Oglio with Bacon
Angel Hair pasta
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Once boiling, put in the pasta. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes). Remove from stove and drain the water, reserving some.
- While waiting for the water to boil and the pasta to cook - chop the garlic and cut up the bacon.
- Pour a little olive oil into the now empty saucepan and put it back on the stove.
- Once the oil has heated through, add in the bacon.
- Cook bacon for about 1 - 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and chilli flakes.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes until the bacon becomes a little deeper in colour.
- Add in the drained pasta and splash in some of the reserved water. Mix thoroughly until everything is well combined. (add a little more water if the pasta becomes very dry)
- Once the water has just about evaporated, remove from the stove immediately and transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle on some parmesan and it is ready to eat.